RE: Dead Horses

Hello,  on the Great American Horse Race there were 3 horses that died i think.  Help me out here Hope.  I think there were 2 Icelandic Ponys that got loose into an alfalfa field out west and coliced.  The most horrible death i've ever seen was a stallion that died from a twisted testicle.  He cried and bellowed like a baby and i'll never forget his screams.  From my recollection there were no horses that died from being 'Overidden' on GAHR.  There were some galls and other things that Humane Society people may have been offended to tho.  But the horses were sound.  Jose had an infected hock from a cut while we were swimming in a pond in Kansas.  It stank and oozed but after 3 days he was sound.  Going thru 75 or so horses here i have lost 2.  One a colt who came w/ a runny nose that turned into pneunomia.  He died even tho Jeannie had him hooked up to an IV Antibiotic drip made for humans.  g.m. Hey Cisco.  g.m. Pogodney was a promising 6yo when i went to the beach for a long weekend.  I came home and he was dead.  We did an autopsy and the guts were fine and the heart was the largest you ever seen.  No reason for his demise.  The only mark he had on or in him was a small mark on his head when he hit the ground.  Who knows??  not me or the vet that did the autopsy.  He had 50 AERC miles on him.  My low point was at the PAC in Arizona when g.m. Ballistic took 30 litres of fluids.  He recovered but unless you have ever been to an IV Tree hoping for pee you have either been real lucky or not been arround long enough.  Cause its gonna happen to us all at some time cause **** happens sometimes to the best of us.  tom sites (and i want to say this once)  AERC # 5780  2000 AERC Miles,  GAHR (unsantioned)  LD miles ??  European Championships 1987 (AERC Unsanctioned)  PAC 1989 (AERC unsanctioned)  Day of Knights 1994 (unsanctioned tho held under AERC and FEI Rules) and a few training and R&T miles.