Hackamore Input

Dear Ridecamp Members -

    I need some helpful information and input on
hackamores.
    I am considering the use of a hackamore on a
racehorse "off-the-track" who has been trained to
"the more you pull on the bit - the fast I should
try to go".
    I saw an interesting hackamore at the NY 100
which was hinged along the sides and had a soft
covered nose piece (I should have written the type
and brand down but didn't).
    Your thoughts on this would be much
appreciated. i.e.: if you think this would be a
good transition from the racetrack; what type
might be best to try; how much control is
achieved; how to correctly size and where one can
be ordered.

    Thanks - Joan Stratemeyer, Langdon, NH