Re: RC: new home transition

  Hi Janet,

  At this point I wouldn't worry about Summer's lack
of appetite..if all her body functions are normal then
relax and give her a chance to settle in.

  As for when to start working her, I give any new
horse that comes in for training a full day off. Then
I'll slowly ease them into the work schedule. The
first week I spend mostly on ground work to help get
both of us on the same page as far as where they are
training wise and what needs to be worked on. This
also builds the horses trust in me which inturn helps
them to relax. A gelding I just got in a few weeks
back is just now finally relaxing and not breaking out
in a cold sweat and pooping every 5 mins when I work
him! So some take longer to "settle in" than others.

  I bet once Summer gets to know the barn routine and
work schedule then she will become her "old self".

  Penny & Daisy