Conflict of Interest

> Hi Kerry: If you read the July 2001 issue of AERC News starting on >
page 26 > and continued on pages 55 & 56. USET provides "FREE" trips for
only > International riders. Their bread is buttered indeed. They are the
> ones on
> the take. They are the only ones getting something for free.

Um, Hope, who the heck else uses the NGB for anything? Can't AERC cover
everything that's *not* international?  So, "International riders are on
the take?"  Just who are these dreaded "International Riders"?  I think
they're backyard AERC riders who stuck to their guns when they made a
talented horse and refused to sell him. (You can bet they've had offers).
 USET makes it possible for some of these backyard horsemen to travel and
compete against the best in the world.  What do they get in return?
Nothing that I know of.  Nobody has asked me for anything but I have been
informed that USET is footing the bill for mine and my crews uniforms for
the Pan Ams.  I really appreciate it, since I'll do well to afford the
transportation costs up there.  If I'm "On the take" what is it that they
want from me?  I've accepted the bribe...now what have they asked of me?
Nothing so far.  Not a penny.  Not a vote. Not a word.  On the list of
organizations I had to join, USET was optional.  They didn't even force
me to join, and still were going to cover my uniform costs. I'm not privy
to inside politics, but they're looking pretty good to me.

Angie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.