RE: Biothane Stirrup Leathers

<<I use the wintec webbers and love them.  Took a little figuring how to attach but now they're the best!>>

I agree!  But you can’t use them on just any saddle.  It’s got to be an English style with stirrup bars.  I had some biothane “leathers” originally on my dressage saddle – I got them because the buckle from the original leathers was too bulky.  The slick, more plastic-like biothane can rub leather badly and it can make a horrific noise when cantering if you don’t keep enough weight in your stirrups.  I’m much happier with the Webbers.

I made some beta biothane leathers that I’m using on one of my saddles right now.  It was an experiment to see if it would stretch too much at the holes.  There seems to be a little initial stretching and then it seems to hold.  I’m trying out girth leathers from the beta biothane too.

Marlene