Dead Mare at NASTR

Title: Dead Mare at NASTR

I don’t know any details of the above except for what I read on Ridecamp which did not give me the whole picture so I can’t make any moral judgments.

I do have curiosity about the people involved and the details. But I believe that the Board/Veterinary committee has made some inquiries and made a decision on how to handle it based on these details.

Remember, if we start laying out our dirty laundry on the internet, it can be fair game for PETA and others, which could potentially ruin the sport for everyone.  If the Board/Veterinary Committee has chosen to deal with it on a person to person basis and not publicize it, so be it.   This is not the first horse to die due to an endurance ride, unfortunately.  Horses die for various reasons even with an experienced, astute rider through no fault of their own.  Geez – a horse could die from just horsing around in the pasture or struck by lightening.  I’m not saying that the horse was not over-ridden.  As just a Ridecamper and AERC member I have no NEED to know as much as I WANT to know the gory details just to satisfy my own morbid curiousity.  I’ll leave these details to our elected officials, and if I’m not satisfied with that I’ll let them know.

K.