From: Kathy Mayeda [mailto:Kathy_Mayeda@atce.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 9:32 AM
To: bobmorris@rmci.net; ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: Alfa Bet Soup

Okay Bob – here’s my take on this

Article 119 - COMMERCIAL RIGHTS
1. The FEI owns its title and emblems, the titles, emblems, and competition formulae of all championships and other
FEI-named events, series and competitions established under the authority of the FEI as mentioned in Art. 108 and 109.

“established under the authority of FEI” – NC is an AERC event, right?

1.1. The FEI owns the Official International Ranking Lists resulting from the ranking of competitors and horses
competing at the events and competitions held under its authority.

AHSA doesn’t even bother with rankings.

1.2. The FEI has the exclusive right to exploit the aforesaid properties throu gh all media, including new media, Internet

and TV in all its forms, as well as for sponsorship and marketing purposes according to the conditions laid down in
paragraphs 2 and 3 below.
2. With regard to championships and other FEI-named events, a .

“Working Agreement” is a lot better than a MANDATE, huh”

2.1. The Working Agreement shall recognise previous commitments of the relevant NF and OC and resolve any
possible conflicts..2.2. Subject to the provisions in paragraph 3, the normal basis for the Working Agreement will be the licence to the

relevant NF and OC of the commercial properties for a fee pre-established by the Executive Board for each category of
championship or event and for possible profit sharing.
2.3. With regard to the FEI -named series and competitions organised as a part of other events, the Working
Agreement shall be reached between the FEI and the relevant NF and OC which shall respect previous commitments of
the relevant NF and OC, unless otherwise agreed.
3. The Working Agreement must be finalised before the Bureau/ Executive Board confirms the final allocation of the
event, series or competition. The exploitation of all commercial properties and TV rights must be negotiated in such a way

as to assure the feasibility of the event, series or competition concerned, taking into consideration the technical and
sporting conditions and the promotion of equestrian sport.

After AERC people have been putting together the National Championships, AHSA comes with an un-negotiable
proclamation after the venue and date has been established.  At least FEI has in it’s language the word “negotiation”.