Halter Conditioning

Title: Halter Conditioning

My gelding’s sire was treadmilled as conditioning for halter ring.
One day my ex left Joust on the treadmill all day – he just spaced out.
Other than being totally pissed off and a little stiff the next day, Joust
was fine.  Joust was a contemporary of Remington Steele and shown in
halter against him and according to my ex, Joust has won in halter against
Remington Steele (but I wouldn’t stake my life on the veracity of the
statement).  I wish that my ex would promote him as a stallion because
he’d produce great horses no matter what discipline.  In fact, Joust hadn’t
been promoted lately, but someone approached him to specifically breed to Joust
although my ex tried to talk them into breeding to the Bey Shah son, but
Joust ended up doing the work!

Don’t get me wrong – Remington Steele is a great horse and I really like him
for many reasons.  He does combine halter quality beauty with sport horse
conformation and ability.

K.