Re: RC: was Bloodlines now halter

stories that Remington Steele was shown at halter shortly after his Tevis
completion and not only was a real crowd pleaser but ribboned as well.

Yes he did - and everyone in endurance was just jumping up and down. Why?
Well, down here in Lo Cal where every 20th Arabian can actually DO something,
it is this kind of horse who is a sad exception. Sad, I say, because he
should NOT be the exception - he should be the rule, the norm, the STANDARD.
He is celebrated because so few like him ARE celebrated. The day that
welcomes athletes in as the standard into what used to be Model and Breeding
Classes - well, I have a half dozen horses who will go right back in the show
ring! Just too many "desirable" traits being bed for halter that are not
functional in the least.