Re: RC: was Bloodlines now halter

At 5:27 PM -0400 7/25/01, SandyDSA@aol.com wrote:
>>stories that Remington Steele was shown at halter shortly after his Tevis
>>completion and not only was a real crowd pleaser but ribboned as well.
>>

>Yes he did - and everyone in endurance was just jumping up and down. Why?
>Well, down here in Lo Cal where every 20th Arabian can actually DO something,
>it is this kind of horse who is a sad exception. Sad, I say, because he
>should NOT be the exception - he should be the rule, the norm, the STANDARD.
>He is celebrated because so few like him ARE celebrated. The day that
>welcomes athletes in as the standard into what used to be Model and Breeding
>Classes - well, I have a half dozen horses who will go right back in the show
>ring! Just too many "desirable" traits being bed for halter that are not
>functional in the least.

Actually, the triple national top ten halter championships came
first, then Tevis.

But more notably (to me) is that he went back into the show ring at
age 16 and 17 at Scottsdale, and top-tenned in halter in the "Aged
Stallions" class--which consists of horses 6 and over!  He was the
big crowd pleaser in the liberty class at 17, but "he wuz robbed."

Pretty horses that can "do"--that's the kind of Arab I want.  Rem did
well at regional championships in Native Costume, English, Western,
and packed juniors too.  But those performance championships were
back a ways, when true athleticism coupled with type was being
rewarded.

Lynne
and the two Rem-kids
give me those Crabbet butts any day