Re: New horse/Gelding/stallion questions

Nope, no barbed wire here, those first two photos were when
I went to look at him the second time. He's in a combo.
field fence and hot wire with the t-post caps on top! I
worked with him again last night and messed with his back
end. I then took the garden hose and carefully sprayed his
front feet to the knee. So far so good, a little jumpy but
really no big deal. Then sprayed the back foot. He kicks
out every time the water hits him, so I reprimanded by
yelling "quit", jerking the lead rope and then have him
stand still and do it again. Did it probably 15 times, when
he stood still for one spray, I quit. Will do it again
later today. Better for him to kick at water than me and I
can get my point across that kicking is a no-no without
getting hurt. He has never offered to kick me, but he's too
green to trust that.

heidi

--- Lindak <jazena@kelp.net> wrote:
> Congratulations on your beautiful new horse.  What a
> handsome guy and he
> looks like he has good legs and bone and substance.  The
> only thing I see
> that is "scary"  is the barbed wire fence.  Hope he
> doesn't have to live in
> that nasty stuff permanently.  Okay for cattle, not
> nearly so good for
> horses IMHO.
> Lindak
> Perris, CA