Re: RC: New horse/Gelding/stallion questions

Hi Heidi
He's very pretty. The common rule of thumb for stallion to gelding
transformation is one month for every year of age when gelded--- but it
can vary so much from horse to horse. Good discipline and training will
help greatly--- keep his mind busy learning new things. You'll be able
to tell when the gelding works if his poops stop being all in one place
and you're doing more of an easter egg hunt with the apple picker---
although I must say that I have had a FEW tidy geldings.
Sounds like he hasn't learned a lot of bad habits and he has been out
with other horses growing up. A BIG PLUS!!!
Good luck with your boy!
Bette, who still has 3 stallions and a yearling wanna-be.
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of 16.2hh TLA Halynov
(Yes, really 16.2!)
http://www.arabiansporthorse.com