Re: Re: Fw: Fw: Scratches, Sauerkraut, & Hints From Heloise

> Ummmmm....except that plague is spread by the bite of infected fleas.<g>
> But it's nifty trivia. :-))))))  (maybe the fleas jumped into the bowl of
> vinegar and all drowned???)
                I'm not so sure the folks at that time knew it was the
fleas--maybe they did--it does go to show they thought, even then, that
vinegar "did something" (I don't think they knew about germs, either, at
that time).   At least, that is the way I interpret this.  Whether or
not---it is interesting trivia----grin.   I've read, too, that moldy bread
and honey were used for poultices long before penicillin was discovered.