Would like hauling advice

Donna Shrader bshrader@salsgiver.com
About to purchase a truck camper. Prefer this as we camp without horses too. What is your thinking on a 9.5 foot camper weighing 2200 lb vs an 8.5 foot weighing 1600 lb as far as wear and tear and safety hauling long distances and in mountains. Trailor is 14 foot alum. 2 horse. Truck is 99 ford 1 ton power stroke deisel 7.3 litre 4x4. Any advice would be appreciated. Larger camper is a really good deal we hate to pass up but always had 8ft before and this would require hitch extention.