Re: RC: looking for spring stirrups

>Jennifer Nice jnice@socal.rr.com
>Remember the spring stirrups that Orthoflex carried years ago? They had a
>built-in spring coil that was intended to reduce concussion on the rider's
>knees. Anyone know of a company that makes something like this now? Anyone
>have a pair of the old Orothoflex stirrups?

The Trail Tech III stirrups
(http://www.extendinc.com/longridersgear/stirrups.htm) accomplish the same
thing with a hard rubber doughnut built into the top of the stirrup.  The
effect is subtle -- I didn't really appreciate how comfortable they were
for my knees until I switched my saddle back to its original stirrups:  one
ride and the Trail Techs are now back on there for good!

Lynn Kinsky (Santa Ynez, CA)
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky