Re: New Magic/Scratches

>One of the final treatments for scratches that don't seem to respond to
>external treatments is parenteral antibiotics - penicillin I believe the

>most common       Isn't it interesting that penicillin and cephalosporins both are derived from fungus?   We use amphotericin, fluconazole and others, but I don't know if vets dobe very

I am a little >supprised at the use of bleach as I understand that it damages tissue.

> Interestingly, we use it a lot on wet red wounds, and it really helps heal. Actually we have more problems with "Betadine" as far as wound healing, although it is a great cleaning agent
for wounds, and it is often our first choice. But sometimes we switch from that to the  10% Bleach solution. Think about it..all the homemakers using it to sanitize and do laundry with no ill effects to their skin.  Too bad we can't just spray them with copper/dormant spray, like I am going to do to my fruit trees right now! Beth