venice turpintine questions

  Hi all,
   Thanks for all the input on scratches..I knew ya'll
would come through with lots of input!

   Now I have some questions on venice turpintine.
Here is the sceniero. A little over a month ago I
pulled my filly's shoes. She's only 3 and when I
bought this past june she had shoes on. She has 3
white feet for what ever it's worth. Since pulling her
shoes her hooves have been doing really well and the
nail holes are almost grown out. Of course with all
the rainy muddy weather here I've only been on her a
couple of times since pulling the shoes. (she really
walked funny the first time i rode her but is fine
now) Anyway my point being,she really has'nt had to
travel over very hard or rocky ground. I like the idea
of trying to keep the shoes off as long as possible as
I do feel it's much better for her, esp being young
and still growing. I'm trying to plan for the future
when I am riding her often and on hard or stoney
ground. I have ordered some easy boots for when I take
her on rough stoney trails. Being new to endurance and
easy boots I'm hoping I can find someone close to me
that can teach me how to fit and put them on . It all
looks sooo complicated... I'd be more than happy to
pay for my lesson.

     Back to the venice turpintine...here are some of
the questions I have:

      1. Where do you buy it at? I've looked all over
both locally and in horse catalogs and can't find.

      2. Do you apply to souls of hoof all the time,
or a few times a week or just a week or so before I
know I'll be riding her on rocky ground.

      3. Is it toxic to either my skin (do I need to
wear gloves when applying?)or her system if it soaks
up through her souls?

     Thanks in advance for all advice!

Penny