RE: Night Rideing

With our filthy hot summer weather, we do a lot of night riding during July
and August. I love it and find that my horses are fine. We always take it
slow, maybe a trot if we know the surface and are sure of the route. We
don't have any glow sticks or lights other than those that are naturally
there from the farms in the country or the moon in the desert. The horses
can see just fine...much better than I can. I love night riding.

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
Cairo, Egypt
maryanne@ratbusters.net
www.ratbusters.net

Hello Ridecampers,
Last night I rode complettely in the dark for the first time!!
Now I would think Polaris was going to freak at everything  but he
seemed to be more focused then usual he even took to the glow bar hanging on
his headstall very well.I came to think how do you 100 milers do it? Rideing
the whole  night in the dark.
I think you have to put alot more trust in to your horse when rideing at
night.
If any of you would like to share please do.
Happy Night Rideing
Colleen K.