treeless saddles

This is in response to heavyweights and treeless saddles....both
my husband and I ride as heavyweights.  WE tried a treeless
saddle (not sure just which treeless sport saddle it was)
anyhow, we had a problem with it fitting our horses across the
withers.  The pommel area put pressure on the withers....only
our extremely flat backed retired app didn't have a problem with
it.  As far as comfort for the rider....I loved the feeling of
it but, I didn't like the positioning of the legs.  The stirups
were attached low on the fender area and the stirups didn't move
freely. (uphill was hard to get in balance with the horses).

I haven't seen too many heavyweights in our area riding any
distances on a treeless but, if it fits the horse and you and
you can get along with the stirups I don't see why a heavyweight
couldn't ride one.  Our concern too was weight
distribution....lightweights are lucky as they don't have to
worry quite so much about where the saddle is carrying the
weight on the horse.  There isn't as much weight there to
distribute. ( Oh to  be young and a lightweight again ...one can
only dream)

june