Re: One for the Books/sponges

Angie....

You gotta be kidding?  Tie it to your wrist?  REALLY? Ain't no way....I
prefer to "ski" on water....and klutz that I am, would probably get
yanked off my horse when it wrapped around a tree.  I also spend a lot
of time on the ground running or tailing with my horse.  Wouldn't care
to deal with a resident sponge.  If OSHA finds out about this, they'll
probably yank your "sponging license" <grin> But I guess it's whatever
works for you.  The rules for this kind of stuff in Endurance are that
there are no rules regarding things like this.  Try all this stuff, then
figure out what's best for you.

I also tried the "car wash sponges" tied in the middle, but they were
good for about two rides, then shed all over things when they start
coming apart.  (Hmmmm..maybe I bought "cheap" ones?) I think they
deterioate in sunlight.  Had better luck with these by putting them into
one of the mesh laundry bags you use for "dainties" cut in half.  Maybe
the mesh kept them from fraying? I dunno....The ones I like best are the
ones Teddy sells with a grommet in the middle...I can get a whole season
out of one of those.

Jim and Sun of Dimanche

Put a loop in it big