Fwd: RC: Lions & Bears

Hi Beth: I was wondering what part of the Country you live in? You mention
Mt Lions, Bears, Coyotes & Bob Cat. We have all those along with Deer,
Antelope and Elk in Siskiyou County, Calif. A man living about 3 miles from
me lost his pet Llama to a Mt Lion this year. Another family found a Mt Lion
on their front porch eating their cat! Fish & Game was called. The Lion was
tracked and shot dead. About two years ago another Mt Lion came into the
city of Yreka and was outside the Fish & Game office. A F&G officer came
outside and shot the Lion. Maybe the Lion wanted to commit suicide. A Horse
was severely mauled by a Mt Lion a month ago at R Ranch near Hornbrook where
it had been moved to the day before. The horse was put in a separte pasture
from the other horses because it was new.. Some of the injuries were from
running thru a fence. The Horse survived. I have only seen one Cub Lion
crossing a road. Never seen a Bear except their piles on the back roads. I
think your friend with the camera will change his mind about taking pictures
of Bears when his Horse freaks out. What do you think? Bye Hope