shoulda listened a long time ago lesson 3

carla lawson robcarla@bellsouth.net
You ever have one of those weeks that just doesn't seem to end? You know
everything seems to be
going all wrong? This was one of those weeks. Short staffed, all the costs
running high, Hope to
get off early one night end up pulling two 13 hour shifts back to back,
back hurts, neck hurts..
no, let me tell you the only place I didn't hurt was the tip of my nose.
There....that much stress
can cause sooo much pain. The Chiropractor has a new
Corvette....Mmmmmmmmm........he loves to see
me walk in... almost tooo kind...My mattress is gathering dust....That
kind of week. Sooo After much
begging I finally get 2 1/2 hours to myself to go to my riding lesson..I
litterally jerk poor Ansata
out of the field Throw her in the trailer...I am soo tense I think I did
60 thru the middle of town.
I finally tell my self to calm down before I have a bad wreck...All most
hit my Chiropractor in his
new vette....He waved at me.....mmmmmmmm he had a big grin on his face
when he saw me. Seeing
that vette made my neck crick even more.
I listen to Lenny Kravitz, Dixie Chicks, Sting on the way to my lesson 3.
I am switching cd's faster
than a mom in a minivan switching lanes. ANYTHING to loosen up. I pull
into the driveway and I
finally realize its MY TIME! not homes, not the biz, not the
consumer...its mine! I get her out of the
trailer and she is looking.. My instructor helps me get saddled. We are
running out of daylight she
has lights in the arena but, I am told We won't be needing them. You see
today I start Dressage
lessons. I am told that I need a bigger horse for dressage, Yeah maybe If
I wan't to compete but I
need this to help me and my horse comunicate. We are working on alot of
Circles...TONS of circles
bending to the legs...giving to the bit,being more  supple, more rounded
out. All the jargon makes my
head spin but I am for the first time feeling my horses mouth feeling her
give to the pressures and
more than anything we are not spooking as badly as before. I really have
got to learn the jargon. I
have found myself studying all of it and trying to put it all together.
What is even more funny we
both have this since of insecurity. When moving diagonally in the arena
she seemed lost "why are we
not along side the fence?" So it was up to me to guide her thru this
terrible monster. She eyeballed
a tractor tire...you know the same one that was there the last lesson. It
was hard not to make myself
look at it. But with my eyes forward..we moved FORWARD! then the last bit
hit me...Right as the same
time as I was thinking I am soo tired I am ready to stop...Ansata
stopped...you cannot imagine the
Euphoria that hit me. There in the arena contact was made with the mind..
as small as it was...for once
in two years..I have made contact with my horse....I got off....we walked
back to the trailer unsaddled
brushed off, fed a few treats, loaded up and went home. Both of us tired..
Both of us happy......
As Frazier Crane would say...I'M listening.
Carla (this is truly heaven!)
Ansata (heaven??? isn't that lush green fields, no flies, and cool water?)
Haley (mmm your hips look thinner ansata)
Rob (no spooking? no wierding out? no freaking? did u buy another horse?)