EIA (Equine Infectious Anemia)

Don't mean to bring up this topic again, but I read in a local Horse
newspaper that there is a vaccine for EIA in Japan.  I had never heard about
a vaccine for EIA before and wondered if anyone else had heard of this.

My question is if this is true, why don't we have it here in the states?  Is
it not affective?  Is it dangerous to administer?  Does it cause the Coggins
test to come up positive?

cya,
Howard