Re: RC: nonsantioned rides

In a message dated Thu, 12 Jul 2001  8:02:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Colleen Kirkpatirck" <polaristhewonderhorse@hotmail.com> writes:

<< I would love to
find an oldbie if there is such a thing and talk about the ponieering days
of endurance back then you did'nt care about points or best condition you
just wanted to ride and have FUN.>>

Well, Colleen, if 28 years in the sport counts me as an "oldbie", I'll have to say that although we had a LOT of fun back then, I think that if anything, more riders took points and stuff seriously back then than do now.  Almost everybody was tabulating points at every ride, even the completers, back then.  Now, I see a lot more folks riding for just the enjoyment of completing the course, seeing the scenery, racking up career miles, or whatever.

Heidi