nonsantioned rides

Hello Ridecamp,
There has been a misunderstanding when I was talking about endurance 10
years ago I was meaning that 10 years ago there were some pretty bad
unsantioned rides.
Some of you northern California riders may remember the Dru Barner.
Now the storys I can tell you about this ride would blow your mind.
Horses dying,dangerous river crossings, unmarked trails.
I am very happy that rides are run better today.
I will never go to an unsantioned ride again. when did personal attacks
become apart of ridecamp, we all have our own opinions and experiances
with endurance I thought thats what ridecamp is about expressing veiws  and
having fun.There is  a new breed of people in this sport. I would love to
find an oldbie if there is such a thing and talk about the ponieering days
of endurance back then you did'nt care about points or best condition you
just wanted to ride and have FUN.
Happy Trails
Colleen K.