Re: RC: Its better to be hung over than hungup

At 06:37 AM 7/5/01, you wrote:
>This Post Mortem July 4th shows me slightly hung over and moving
>slow.<snip>  I am proud of us all as a Nation and as a combined People.

Hi Tom - I read your post and have to agree with that last bit.  I too
don't mind a bit of the essence of grape, but had to abstain yesterday as I
was helping shoot fireworks in our little (300 population) town of
Quemado.  After a long day of parades, helping at the fire department's
BBQ, and then setting up for the fireworks, all of which went off without
major problems (and minor glitches were dealt with cheerfully and
successfully), I drove home under a clear sky filled with an almost full
moon, gazing for miles over our wild landscape here, seeing off in the
distance over the top of the mesas - 75 miles!! - the very highest
fireworks at end of a show in AZ, and I was filled with the same feelings
you describe (without the alcohol euphoria).  I was so glad to be part of a
community that does for each other, plays together, works together.  Even
though everyone says people around here are lone rangers, it's not really
true.  We like our privacy, but we can pull together when we want to - and
it appears that many want to.  Good people, all.

By the way, I took care of that lack of alcohol problem soon as I got home
- sipped a chill glass of chablis while sitting on the porch watching my
horses in the moonlight, listening to the coyotes (someday soon, hopefully
wolves) howl.  Can't get much better than that!

Lif Strand
Quemado NM  USA
STRAND ENTERPRISES www.fasterhorses.com
HERITAGE ENDURANCE RIDE June 8, 2002
* Distance Riding group/individual mentoring programs
* Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
* Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options