Aussie saddle

Congradulations on your gift! Free saddles are the best ones!
I have an aussie saddle also and went thru the same confusion as you are,
cuz I was totally new to them. You have to get an "aussie girth" to
accomadate for the surcingle. (which is the strap that goes thru your saddle
seat) The girth has two buckles on either side and one side has an extra
flap that goes thru the surcingle D-ring then double-buckles back into the
girth. There are a few web sites that I checked out and ended up buying one
from the Australian Stock Saddle Company. Here they are and good luck:
www.aussiesaddle.com - Australian Stock Saddle Company
www.theaustralianconnection.com - Australian Connection
www.downunderweb.com - Down Under Saddle Supply
There are more, you can search for them on the internet, but these were the
best I found.
Brittany