Re: RC: RE: Re: Butler on Barefoot/Strasser/fads...

At 01:13 AM 6/30/01, Darolyn Butler-Dial wrote:
>  I've kept my toes shorter than
>most from the very beginning.  However, it might be that the whole foot is
>pretty short & the toe appears so too.  I felt from the get go that a long
>toe might be detrimental to a distance horse & tried to never leave them too
>long.

So is the old rule of matching the line of the hoof to the line of the
pastern no longer any good?  I thought "arbitrarily" changing the angle was
to invite problems.  Is is really OK to talk about and/or trim long or
short toes w/o considering the structures above the hoof?  Or am I missing
something?

Lif Strand
Quemado NM  USA
STRAND ENTERPRISES www.fasterhorses.com
HERITAGE ENDURANCE RIDE June 8, 2002
* Distance Riding group/individual mentoring programs
* Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
* Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options