Barefoot/Strasser/fads...

Heidi wrote:
>horses with Strasser trims were removed from competition, not from stone
>bruises, but from suspensory damage.  Apparently the heel wear with a lot
>of miles and concussion causes far too many barefoot horses to end up with
>the equivalent of long-toe-low-heel, even though the toes do not appear to
>be long.

I'm wondering if this has to do with rider balance or something else like
that.  Did the Mongols shoe or protect their horse's feet on those long
marches?

Lif Strand
Quemado NM  USA
STRAND ENTERPRISES www.fasterhorses.com
HERITAGE ENDURANCE RIDE June 8, 2002
* Distance Riding group/individual mentoring programs
* Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
* Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options