Re: RC: Ferrel horses in FL / Natural Movement

In a message dated Fri, 29 Jun 2001 12:10:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time, guest@endurance.net writes:

<< Karen Standefer hrschk@yahoo.com
Please don't confuse what's happening to them with the "natural movement".
Who could possibly argue keeping your horses as close to possible to their
natural environment.  >>

First off, I don't think anyone here is "pointing fingers."  However, it IS a pet peeve of mine when things get labeled as "movements" as if they are some new, sweeping thing.  In this case, there is nothing new or novel about horses being out 24/7, or having feed in front of them pretty much all the time, or a great many of the other things described here--they are simply the things that good and thinking horsemen have been doing for decades.  It just always kind of "gets" me how folks get on the bandwagon as if all this was some stunning new discovery.  Just my jaded old self showing, I guess...

Heidi