Re: Barefoot (ride mgmt)

<<I got into this thread to try to explain why a ride manager might feel
the need require certain things at their ride, hoof protection being
one.>>

Nancy, do you feel that it would be possible to require that riders of
barefoot horses have hoof protection in their possession, rather than on
their horses' feet at all times?  As another poster mentioned, sometimes
horses are more comfortable without hoof boots; shouldn't it be up to the
rider to decide that, as long as there is the option of protection for the
horse if things get rough?  I, too, am concerned that I will be turned
away at rides because of my barefoot horse.

Abby (a TOTAL newbie, who knows nothing about managing a ride!)