Re: RC: Fwd: RC: Helmet recommendations?

In a message dated Tue, 26 Jun 2001  3:28:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "hope lundquist" <wwho20@hotmail.com> writes:

<< You need to go into a store that has a large selection
and start trying them on. >>

At the risk of being a "me, too" post--THIS is by far the BEST advice when it comes to helmet shopping!  We all have heads of different shapes, we all move differently, have different tolerances for weight, etc.  I happen to have a very round head, and very poor tolerance for weight, and as it so happens, the Troxel Sport or EQ fit me to a T and happen to be pretty light.  Bingo.  For me.  That doesn't mean they will suit YOU.  You need to try on several models, and do the "yes-no" test (helmet should remain relatively secure on your head when you nod your head yes and shake your head no, even without the chin strap buckled).  The helmet should not pinch anywhere.  You should be able to adjust the chin strap so it fits you.  And you should be able to wear it without being constantly aware that it is on.  Whatever brand does that for you is the "right" one!

Heidi