Re: Horse Dying at Endurance Ride

> Exactly.  It does happen that horses that are not over ridden drop dead
for
> entirely other reasons.  There does not have to be a direct connection
> between having been ridden - no matter how hard - and the death.  I hate

Another factor to include, aside from the "sh*t happens" consideration---is
it that the horse (any horse) wasn't overridden?  Or is it that our current
vet parameters do not give us an accurate enough picture of what really
going on with the horse at the metabolic level?  And are we too complacent
in assuming that because a horse has finished one ride and is eating,
drinking, pooping and peeing, that there *cannot* be permanant damage that
we have caused by the inherent conditions that exist during an endurance
ride?

Susan G