Dead Horse at NASTR

The Trainer is God! You don't see this alot in endurance because most endurance people train themselves, their horses, or have endurance friends who help. Oh, and the biggest one, endurance people seem to have a brain and minds of their own. You see that in the way people post to ridecamp. But you see the Trainer is God attitude in Western, Hunter and Dressage circles.  "The trainer says I have to wear these breeches", "The trainer says I have to have this saddle", "The trainer says I have to have this horse", and so on.  I fired two trainers for saying stupid things and figured I couldn't do worse that the trainer and save myself a few bucks in the process.

Carolyn Burgess