Horse Dying at NASTR

I was on that NASTR ride, though I did not see the horse in question.  However, several people I was riding with did observe the horse in question after the race, and contributed money for vet bills.  From what I understand this was the horse's first race, the mare was galloped the entire way, at the last vet check the vet told the rider to walk her horse all the way in, however, her "coach" overruled her and told her to keep her moving.  The horse collapsed after arriving at the finish.  From what I have heard "second hand" the owners and "the coach" refused vet treatment until after midnight since "the coach" did not like the vet in charge.  The horse did get up on her own the next day about 9 AM, and ate and drank a bit, but died about 1PM.

I would ask that others on this ride contribute what they can, since there is a "lot of gossip" going around the way this matter was handled.