Re: RC: another spook question/solution

In a message dated 6/20/01 9:58:45 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

Husband asked what can I do my answer was other than short
of exposing her to the nearly billions and billions of different
environment changes and go thru them with her about ten times I am not
sure.

Carla,
  Make FORWARD MOVEMENT an automatic response when you apply the "aids".
   School in figure eight (of at least twenty meter circles at each end)
with the objects of the forward movement 1) BALANCE, 2) TEMPO and
2)ACQUIESENCE
   Half-halts, lengthenings/shortenings and metronomic cadence will enable
you to soften her attitude and make forward movement as calm and relaxing as
clear flowing water over sand.
   You're right, it is not the "stick", the "mud puddle", etc....she
believes she DICTATES when and how she will move forward.
    By applying the aids in a school environment with cadence and rhythm
always in mind....your spook (which really is not a classic "spook" will
disappear.)  It "translates" perfectly to the trail.  It is not a coincidence
that the best "trail" horses are those horses who move forward, in balance
and well within their individual mental framework.
    Horses moving forward FORWARD is the key to their training, conditioning
and safe use.
   FORWARD does not mean FAST, it means with A PURPOSE TO EACH STEP.
   Many horse neuroses have been lost forever in calm and purposeful forward
movement.
   You asked...I don't send this with anything but "good intentions" and I
KNOW it works.
   Good luck,
    Frank.