Re: another spook question

Hi Carla,

Why not try a few dressage lessons with your horse?  There are good
instructors who can give you exercises to use first in a controlled setting
(field, arena, whatever) and then you can take it out on the trail.  Sounds
like you and your horse have basic communication problems to solve.  You
learning to teach her to be forward, and her learning to be forward, will be
a big help for you in all your future endeavors with her and with any other
horses you may have the pleasure of owning. :-)

Arabs are so trainable & sensitive, there may be some subtle way you are
reinforcing her lack of forward without realizing it.  I have faith that
once you figure out how to tell her what you want, she'll give you the
answer you are looking for.  I have learned so much from trying to analyze
every fault my Arab mare has and fix MY riding or handling!  Geeze, I was
doing so many things wrong before, she's really straightening me up.  :-)

Don't give up on your mare yet.  Use this learning opportunity to get to the
next level in your horsemanship.

Happy trails -

Michelle
(Colorado)