Heritage Rides - Ride Manager's report

What a fantastic ride the Heritage turned out to be!  A ride manager needs
a great trail, great weather and four groups of great people - ride
management volunteers, veterinarian team, riders and the local
community.  We had all of that this year and I can't tell you how happy I am!

Our ride volunteers worked their butts off to make this the best ride
possible.  Our vets - Sid Zargas and Nancy Crider - were patient with the
inexperienced ride management (me!) and gave the horses the best of care
and attention.  The community rallied around us and helped out in amazing
ways. Our riders were supportive and understanding, tolerant of the
problems that arose from the first time ride situation as well as little
things like water tanks falling off trucks and rolling down the mountainside.

This was tough, tough ride, gang.  These were tough, tough riders and
horses.  They all should be given a lot of credit for participating in the
adventure and coming out on top.  Next year, same time, same place - be there!

Volunteers (saints, all!)
Amber & Scott Lane
Maryna Ozuna
Cressie Drummond
Melanie Lawrence-Skane
Lydia Duncan
Mert Fredericks
Carol Hegg
Clory Aragon
Doc Luce
Harvey Arnold
Jim Patterson
Pascual Trujillo
Robert Newport
Susan Ley - our communication center!

Special thanks to Richard Ley for driving the fire truck up to the top of
the mountain to fill our water trough and the Luna Fire Department for
providing us with water at the vet check, the owners of The Granery
restaurant and Luna Mercantile for letting us use their bathrooms, property
owners Glen McCarty and Alvin & Ruby Laney for allowing us to route the
trail through their land and the USDA Forestry Department.  Alvin - thanks
so much for showing me the San Francisco River trail - what an improvement
over the trail I had set up!  For those of you whom I've forgotten - blame
it on CRS.

Lif Strand
Quemado NM  USA
                           STRAND ENTERPRISES www.fasterhorses.com
HERITAGE ENDURANCE RACE June 9, 2001 - http://www.fasterhorses.com/race.html
   Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
                 Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options