Re: RC: Re: non-member fees

In a message dated Sat, 9 Jun 2001 11:55:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Nancy Mitts" <mitts_n@hotmail.com> writes:

<< Remember, they're the ones giving you the heart attack, not AERC. >>

Nancy, this has not been my experience, and I know from talking to other RM's that I was not alone.  The overwhelming majority of riders for whom we were billed non-member fees by AERC were, indeed, members--and had presented us with either valid membership cards or (for the ones who had joined within the couple of weeks pre-ride) faxed letters from AERC stating that they were paid up.  The biggest headaches we have had BY FAR have come from AERC--NOT from riders!!!

Then there was the REAL topper--we had a rider join at one of our rides late in the year--she had been a member but had lapsed for a couple of years, but wanted her mileage to count.  When I sent in the ride results with her membership included, AERC CALLED HER UP and asked her if she wouldn't really rather have the membership for the following year, since it was so late in the season--and THEN billed me for a non-member fee!  Sorry, but there is just so much that a ride manager can do, in face of that sort of lack of cooperation from the AERC office.

Heidi