Re: Electrolyes by syringe are a no-no!

Judith Stirling alan_judith@talk21.com
Hi folks,

Living here in Wales, UK, & competing at lower levels of endurance rides (not this year though due to FMD!), I have been very interested in all the talk of getting electrolytes into your horse - OK is horse accepts syringe - what if like my Arab gelding , Jet, you can't get near his mouth at all with a syringe or not (ride him in a bitless bridle) - any ideas as to how to electrolye him on the trail greatly appreciated!!!  He does not really like sugar beet & only has a small appetite & is very suspicious of anything new/strange!  He will however when on trail drink from the most revolting puddles & stuff himself with grass given the chance.

All ideas most greatfully recieved!!!

Judith