Re: RC: Lopsidedness

This has been a really intersting subject. I learned years ago that I
was "biased right" as my dear dressage instructor would say. I did
several things that really helped.

One, I started going to a chiropracter too. My pelvis was tipped and so
out of alignment, that I had to throw away old shoes because there was a
1/2 inch difference between my right and left side!

Two, i get myslef longed on the long line sans stirrups and reins. You
need a consistent horse for this, but helps you really get back a
balanced and independent seat.

Three, I do several excercises on the horse before going out, that
stretches my legs down and opens up my pelvis, and frees up my
shoulders. Centered riding is the name of the game, and if you aren't
relaxed and centered, everything suffers!These things have helped me
tremendously, and in any seat.

--
 Helga Loncosky
THE ARCHIVAL MORGAN RECORD--Registry for Foundation and Half-Morgans

The path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men crooked.

"There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the
inside of a man"--Winston Churchill