Re: Re: papers

I had a similar experience with the AHR some years back---I'd bought a horse, the previous owner had "forgotten" the papers (still in the breeder's name, not hers) when she delivered him, much runaround, a year later she was asking could she have the horse back, she'd decided she wanted him back.  Uh uh, no way, more runaround, she was now claiming to have lost the papers, I contacted the registry and lo and behold, she had sent in the "lost" papers to have the horse registered in her name.  Same day, she had shown up at my barn with a trailer, telling the barn manager she had bought the horse back and was picking him up, and was promptly run off with a shotgun <g>.  I explained the situation to the Registry, Fed-Exed the bill of sale and copies of correspondence and the registry reissued Mikey's papers in my name and sent them directly to me.

(Lynne, this is the person you used to ride TWHs for.)

For the most part, I've found the registries will try within reason to get registry problems straightened out, especially when it's obvious you're not trying to pull a fast one.

Susan G