Endurance in the Olympics

From the Gulf News:

"Sheikh Mohammed has approved the plan which will not only encourage more
 countries to organise rides under FEI rules but will also broaden the base
of the sport thereby making the case stronger for the inclusion of Endurance
Riding as an Olympic sport," Faisal Seddiq said.

Now with the FEI having given its approval through the formation of the
   subcommittee, the movement of making Endurance an Olympic sport will
gather more pace. "

Oh crap, here it comes.  Olympic fever, catch it.  You must read this
article.  I've never read anything so unbiased in my life.  haha.
http://www.gulfnews.com/Articles/News.asp?ArticleID=19019

AERC will, most likely, be the last hold out.  Maybe, along with the Aussies.
 But, when the publicity hits the media, will AERC be able to continue to do
so?  I doubt it. How'd you like to the one organization that prevents
Endurance from becoming an Olympic sport?  If this news is half way true,
we're in for some change here, folks.  And if it doesn't affect each and
every one of us, I'll be surprised.

Course, one must keep in mind, the source of this news.  I don't believe, for
one minute, the Gulf News, understands the premise of Free Speech.  Then,
again, I could be wrong; won't be the first time.

cya,
Howard (geez, it's gonna be a long hot summer down here.  I don't believe
this Sheik Mohammed will ever let up on the reins, until he gets his way)