Re: papers

Some how this just dose not sound right to me.  Horses are sold without papers for a reason sometimes.  Also what about horses sold on a contract and the contract is not kept and the papers are never turned over.  There must be a lot more to this than just a blood sample or dna sample.  The last registered owner of the horse must be notified and asked if this is alright.  At this time I must have a dozen papers of horses that I no longer own, of these ther are maby two that I would ok the registry to reissue. JMHO
Corky Young
----- Original Message -----
From: jsalas
To: ridecamp ; sbebeau@symantec.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 12:14 PM
Subject: RC: papers

Call the registry. They are so helpful and even if you don't find the papers you can send hair or blood in to see if it matches any horse you think it is and they will re-issue the papers. It will cost ya though. My blacksmith acquired 4 mares with no papers (he knew their names, but really wasn't sure who was who) and sent pictures and blood samples and the registry got it all taken care of. Lisa Salas, The Odd Farm