*another* Electrolyting Post

P.S. (to my last electrolyting post)  Susan, I am curious.  In two
different studies I've heard that the people running the research guessed
the winner early on. I've never heard them substantiate their claims as
to choosing the winner, but I'd love to see the numbers.  There's so many
variables...lameness, missing turns, bad equitation, maybe it's a well
hydrated flat land horse on a mountain trail or visa versa.  I had a hard
time completely accepting those claims.  Does this mean it was the horse
who stayed closest to it's average weight / hydration during the ride?  I
think I read once with runners there's sort of an "optimum running
hydration" that's a little lighter than just standing around.  Is the
goal for these horses to be really water logged?    Just doesn't seem
comfortable to me, but if that's what the horses who are winning are
doing my ears are open.

Angie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.