Re: RC: RC: Breeding Lease

Yes, Jeri
I have done this. I charge a lease fee for the mare and that varies
depending on whether the leesee is breeding to one of my stallions. I
have the leesee insure the mare for full mortality and surgical/medical.
If the mare stays here (usual case--- rarely do I let my mares leave my
property) then I charge reasonable board. It has been a win-win
situation in the past. 2 clients got BEAUTIFUL Halynov offspring last
year/beginning of this year and one is leasing from me again. Also have
2 mares going to the East Coast to a vet who is leasing to breed to her
homozygous black Percheron to get 2 foals and then she is returning them
to me in foal--- at last Mark will have his 17++ black half-arab! He'll
have his choice and there is an incredible market for the other.
At any rate, if you are careful who you lease to, it is really a win-win
situation. The mares are happy in foal and I know the client will get
quality foals out of them, and Mark doesn't kill me for breeding more
foals of my own!!
Good luck
Bette

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of 16.2hh TLA Halynov