XP @ Shellbourne

I did the Shellbourne XP a couple of years ago.  Shellbourne is a pony
express stop from  way back and it's essentially half way between Ely
and Wells (40 miles from each).  Those are the only two places that have
stores, etc.  At Shellbourne there is a small bar/restaurant which was
closed except for this event the year I was there, although I understand
it may have changed hands & some supplies may be on hand (don't count on
it).  There were also some gas pumps there, but they were  not
operational at the time.  There are 3 or 4 motel rooms, too.  Lavonne &
Anne put on a dinner every nite(yummie) that you can buy & they provide
lunches at the vet check (along  w/chips & such).  You won't have to
move your rig while you are there as you do loops out of the main camp.
All of the trails are on the East side of they highway up in the hills.
It's a real good mix of climbing, flat thru the forest trotting areas
and some jeep roads.   It's just a really great 5 day ride.  Altho it is
desert country it pretty well stays up in the trees and there is a good
amount of water(springs).  It looks like it will be warm this year (it
snowed when I did it), so plan accordingly. Have fun! wish I was
there.   k