shoulder conformation

I'm in the process of looking for an additional horse to replace my NATRC
mount (a slooow MFT), and I have a conformation question.  The ideal
shoulder angle is 45 degrees, right?  And the pastern angle should match the
shoulder angle...  So how is it that you end up with a shoulder angle of 45
degrees and an ideal hoof angle in the low 50's?  Does a sloping shoulder
predispose the horse to LT/LH?

If anyone is really into conformation and wouldn't mind, I'd love to send a
picture of the horse I'm considering and get some additional feedback.  I've
tried to do a Dr. Deb type analysis myself, but am still getting tripped up
on the shoulder angle thing.

Thanks -

Michelle