Saddle pad slippage

Hi everyone,
I ride in an Arabian Saddle Co Solstice with a woolback pad underneath with
Ultracell inserts and I'm having a heck of a time with the pad slipping back..
it slips back just enough so that the front part of the saddle bars rub against
my mare's withers.. any homemade suggestions that have worked for you?  I
remember reading quite a ways back someone jeri-rigged some sort of thing with
carabeeners to keep the saddle pad in place.. in the archives there was a
suggestion of wetting down a deer skin shammy and placing it under the pad..

Thanks in advance,
Julienne
& Isabella