Jogging on Pavement

Hi:

I have a mile or so on pavement to get to certain trails.
When the shoes are new, and the nail heads not worn down, I can jog
on the pavement OK. As soon as they're flush, the shoes are very  very slippery.
And the smoother the shoes, the more slippery they are.

Although I am usually very carefull on pavement... and "don't usually trot on pavement" ...
I have done it at times.
I had one wreck several years ago, when checking up a horse slighly on pavement,
(at the trot)
he went to break with his hinds, and they slid right out from under him, going down back-end first.
Neither of us was hurt (how, only by the grace of the horse gods).

I KNOW it's the best policy never to trot on pavement...because of the risks...
I also know some people who use borium shoes, and drive their horses on the pavement.
Most of these horses have windpuffs, probably because of the grab of the borium.

Barb